vendredi 7 mars 2014

Not so easy.... Pas si facile!...

Toujours sur l'assemblage de la courtepointe Michigan, je constate qu'il n'est pas si facile de coudre tous ces blocs ensemble lorsque tout est en papier à l'endos.  C'est rigide, cela ne veut pas rester droit, je dois m'assurer que les coutures se croisent, que mon carré rouge central reste bien aligné, etc.....

Always on the assembly of the quilt Michigan, I see it is not so easy to sew all the blocks together when everything has  paper on the back. It is rigid, it does not want to stay right, I need to ensure that the seams meet, that my central red square remains aligned, etc...

J'ai décidé de coudre une colonne par jour pour ne pas m'ennuyer avec cette étape et une bonne journée, le dessus sera complété.
One row a day and it will be all sewn soon.


Voilà mon but:  rester bien aligné!
My goal:  stay well aligned!

Coudre en piéçage sur papier n'est pas toujours aisé!
Paper piecing is not always easy to sew...

Et au fait, quel nom vais-je lui donner?  Je lance la demande dans l'univers et j'aurai une réponse bientôt!
I want a new name for the quilt.  I'm thinking about that.


À la prochaine!
Accroquilt






5 commentaires:

  1. Hello Céline,
    Perhaps your paper is a bit too thick. If you drew your patten onto greaseproof paper, then duplicated the pattern using the sewing machine with no thread, then it might be easier. This is how I make my own appliqué patterns
    http://lizzielenard-vintagesewing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/vintage-machine-applique-stage-1-first.html
    Greaseproof paper (ici en Angleterre, mais en Amérique, parchment) , en français je crois qu'on dit papier sulfurisé ou papier cuisson.
    Why don't you call the quilt Red Square, or does that sound too much like Moscow?
    Love,
    Muv

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks a lot for the tip! It's the first time I sew a whole quilt with paper piecing. Usually, I take off all paper before sewing a block to another one. But this time, I need to keep the paper in order to have the lines for building the quilt.
      Have a nice week-end!

      Supprimer
    2. Up to now, I kept the name of the block. When it will be finished, I will choose the name of this quilt. Red Square is a good one. It remind me last spring, in Montreal.

      Supprimer
  2. Hi Celine,

    That is always the issue I have with paper backed quilt blocks too.
    Slow & steady is the best approach.
    Your blocks are piecing together perfectly....!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer

Au plaisir de vous lire!